Uppercase Box - July

Sunday, August 13, 2017



Another month so you know what that means? Another Uppercase Box! Let's see what was included this time shall we?

The book this month was Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton, and was as usual, signed! I actually did not hear of this book until I had it in my hands so I was intrigued to read the summary on Goodreads:
Adam has just been diagnosed with schizophrenia. He sees and hears people who aren’t there: Rebecca, a beautiful girl who understands him; the Mob Boss, who harasses him; and Jason, the naked guy who’s unfailingly polite. It should be easy to separate the real from the not real, but Adam can't. Still, there’s hope. As Adam starts fresh at a new school, he begins a drug trial that helps him ignore his visions. Suddenly everything seems possible, even love. When he meets Maya, a fiercely intelligent girl, he desperately wants to be the great guy that she thinks he is. But then the miracle drug begins to fail, and Adam will do anything to keep Maya from discovering his secret.

Definitely sounds like a contemporary I'm interested in and plus it has 4.2/5 stars! I've also read about 40 pages so far and am really enjoying it! It has a light and quick feel to it so I'll probably be able to finish it fairly soon.



The items that were included this month were an art print of a quote by Stephen King, "Books are a uniquely portable magic", Cheshire Cat socks, a cat sticker (I'm definitely a crazy cat lady so give me all the cat merchandise you can!) and a postcard with a quote from Words in Deep Blue "We are the books we read and the things we love".

All and all another great box! One of the main reasons I love Uppercase is because it allows me to be introduced to a variety of books that I've never heard of, and usually these books end of being a personal favorite so I'm really excited to continue with Words on Bathroom Walls!

Thanks for reading, until next time, take care!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!