Top 5 To Be Read

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

I'll admit it my To-Be-Read (TBR) shelf on Goodreads is way out of control. I've had way too many longing days of effortlessly clicking that "Want to Read" button therefore sending my number into the hundreds. From time to time I'll go through my TBR to delete titles I no longer am interested in, but somehow it never seems to go down, which is probably because for every book deleted I add 10 more... hey, I can't help it!

So my Top 5 TBR, the books I'll never take off my TBR list no matter how many years pass since release date are,

5. Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi - I've heard nothing but great things about The Shatter Me series, and with Tahereh's announcement of 3 more books added I need to dive into this soon. However, the main reason this is still on my TBR is because I only own books 1 & 3! While thrifting for books is fun it's also very stressful because I find most of series out of order and I rarely start series that have been published entirely without having them all. So I'm patiently... no, very impatiently waiting to find Unravel Me!



4. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - Believe me, I am well aware that I have a lot of catching up to do with V.E. Schwab, and I'm a little shocked myself that this series is still on my TBR list. I deeply want and NEED to read ADSOM as soon as possible because there's not a doubt in my mind that I'll love it.



3. Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes - I am in love with this series so far but unfortunately the ending for this book was spoiled for me. I was actually looking at a different book review when someone mentioned Crystal Storm and just BAM! wrote the spoiler without a single warning. I was crushed, heartbroken and was actually put into a 3 month reading slump because of it (if I'm being honest I'm still not 100% out of the slump). The Falling Kingdom series instantly became a favorite of mine so not being able to experience that ending for myself hurt so much. I will absolutely be finding the strength to read this before Immortal Reign is released in February though.



2. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - The Grisha Series is absolutely, positively, most definitely one of the most amazing series I've ever read. Seriously, I recommend this series to everyone. Leigh is an amazing author however The Six of Crows duology has been staring at me from my shelf for far too long, so I really need to consider starting this sooner rather than later.



1. Warcross by Marie Lu - Okay so I know this book hasn't been released yet, but I literally picture the day when I can devour it come September far more often than I should. I want to read this so badly that my heart has started beating quicker just mentioning the title. It's my absolute most wanted read right now and the fact that I have to wait 2 more months is killing me. I've never read a Marie Lu book before (I know, I know, WHAT?!) but after Warcross my plan is to take Legend, Prodigy and Champion head on!



So there's my Top 5 TBR, unfortunately I'm not able to show off any gorgeous photos of Warcross since it's not out yet. I'm certain this list will be changing soon because writing this post actually makes me want to grab one of these off my shelf and start reading. Have you read any of these books? Are they your favorites? Stay tuned for another Top 5 down the road! Hopefully all 5 of these, including their sequels, will be marked of my list! Thanks for reading, take care!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!